rasage-traditionnel
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -40%
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 ...
Voir le deal
59.99 €

Pedigree
Noob
Noob

What is the Traditional (Preferred) French Method of Maintaining Straight Razors? Empty What is the Traditional (Preferred) French Method of Maintaining Straight Razors?

Dim 17 Déc 2023, 08:48
What is the preferred method among the French (or Europeans in general) for maintain the edges of their straight razors, would it be through the use of pasted strops (paddle strops?) or through the use of honing on stones? There is this notion on Badger And Blade, Sharp Razor Palace and The Shave Den that the pasted strops are the preferred method? I have no way to verify this and didn't want to make any incorrect assumptions.
alunni
alunni
Team
Team

What is the Traditional (Preferred) French Method of Maintaining Straight Razors? Empty Re: What is the Traditional (Preferred) French Method of Maintaining Straight Razors?

Dim 17 Déc 2023, 09:57
Je m'avance peut-être en disant ça ? Je pense que le strop avec une lanière en lin est le plus pratiqué.

Pedigree aime ce message

Pedigree
Noob
Noob

What is the Traditional (Preferred) French Method of Maintaining Straight Razors? Empty Re: What is the Traditional (Preferred) French Method of Maintaining Straight Razors?

Dim 17 Déc 2023, 10:45
alunni a écrit:Je m'avance peut-être en disant ça ? Je pense que le strop avec une lanière en lin est le plus pratiqué.

Linen with paste (pate)?
alunni
alunni
Team
Team

Dim 17 Déc 2023, 12:01
NON. LA pâte, je l'ai posé sur un vieux strop et un paddle, mais je m'en sert rarement. Je préfère les j-nats.

What is the Traditional (Preferred) French Method of Maintaining Straight Razors? 20231219What is the Traditional (Preferred) French Method of Maintaining Straight Razors? 20231221

Dernière édition par alunni le Dim 17 Déc 2023, 12:07, édité 1 fois

Pedigree aime ce message

Pedigree
Noob
Noob

Dim 17 Déc 2023, 12:03
alunni a écrit:NON. LA pâte, je l'ai posé sur un vieux strop et un paddle, mais je m'en sert rarement. Je préfère les j-nats.

I tried JNATS and Black Arkansas stones but every time I come back to using my coticules and end up selling off the J-NATS and Black Arks. Now I'm experimenting with pastes.

alunni aime ce message

Contenu sponsorisé